If you want to be nice to your colleagues, this is the cake to make and bring to job on a Friday morning. No worries, you do not have to get up at dawn. You can prepare both the dough and the filling the evening before and keep it in the fridge until next morning.
- Mix 30 g fresh yeast with 50 g sugar and 1.5 dl milk.
- Measure 500 g white flour, 230 g butter, a pitch of salt and 3 egg yolks in a big bowl.
- Add the yeast mixture to it.
- Make a nice, soft dough. Add some more milk if necessary.
- Let it grow for an hour in a warm place or overnight in the fridge.
- Beat 3 egg whites until it is thick and stiff.
- Go on with beating and add 250 g icing sugar gradually.
- Go on with beating and add ground walnuts and desiccated coconut - as much as you like. The more, the better.
When the dough is grown - or next morning:
- Roll it out to 5 mm thickness.
- Spread the filling and roll it on.
- Cut it up and place the rolls on a baking tray.
- Bake them on 200 ºC until they become golden brown. Watch out, they can burn easily!
Finally: surprise your colleagues with a nice breakfast.