The BBQ season has started. I love it because practically everything and anything can be grilled and get a lovely smokey taste. One of my favourites is naan bread.
- Mix 250 g white flour, 2 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda or baking powder (I use half and half).
- Add minced garlic or Nigella seeds (optional).
- Add 2 tablespoon olive oil and 1-1.5 dl milk or yoghurt.
- Make a dough and set aside for at least 1 hour (can be more). It will not rise but become softer.
- Cut handful loafs and roll them out to 3 mm thickness on a generously floured surface. The shape can be oval or round.
- Place the dough on the grill, cook until it gets lightly browned. Then turn over and cook the other side, too.