This roaster pot have been on my wish list for a while. It is heavy, thick and has a non stick coating. It is so easy to cook in it: just put everything into the pot and cover it with the lid. Place it in the oven, set the timer and forget about it for a while. The next task is to set the table a bit later.
I will post several dishes made in this wonderful instrument. Here comes the first one:
- Coat the pot with olive oil.
- Soak red lentils for about 10 minutes and then rinse it.
- Cut courgettes, bell peppers and mushrooms roughly and place them into the pot.
- Chop fresh parsley, thyme, garlic and onion finely. Cut slices of Norwegian goat cheese. (Any other types of goat cheese might be good.) Mix them with the lentils.
- Add salt and about 1 dl orange juice. Mix it well.
- Layer it on the vegetables.
- Spoon sour cream on the top.
- Cover the pot with the lid and place it into the oven.
- Bake on 210 ºC for 30 minutes. You can turn the oven off 10 minutes earlier, the pot will keep the warmth for a while. Also, remove the lid for the last 10 minutes, so the juice would evaporate and the sour cream would get some golden tone.